In the past few years, more and more people have shown interest in devices that allow them to track all sorts of body parameters. From blood pressure monitors to fitness trackers, the industry is a continuously growing one, with a highly diverse offer available. If you plan to buy a fitness tracker, you should know that there are several types of devices available. Many of them are equipped with functions that you wouldn’t have thought existed. If you feel a bit confused with the diverse offer and want to find the perfect fitness tracker for women, here are a few tips to check.
1. Cost. If you want a reliable fitness tracker, you can’t go cheap. Most start at $75, but if you want something released by a brand and with interesting, complex features, you might need to go much higher than $75 to a few hundred.
2. Primary use. Define what your primary features are and cross-check them with the models available on the market to see which ones are suited for your preferences. Fitness trackers can provide information on a multitude of parameters. It all depends on what it is that you want to closely track. For example, you can track footsteps, the heart rate, and blood pressure or sleep patterns.
3. Wear. It is another feature to consider when you decide to buy a fitness tracker. Do you prefer to wear it on the wrist or as a waistband?
4. Screen display. It is one of the features that depend solely on personal preferences. Some people prefer to view an in-built screen on the fitness tracker during the exercise routine. Other people prefer to focus on the routine and study the data post-workout on a smartphone.
5. Charging. Fitness trackers are electronic devices, so they all require charging. It is why you should consider how long the battery lasts on the tracker and how often it is necessary to charge the device. If the battery doesn’t last for too long and you have long exercise routines regularly, then you are not on the verge of buying the right fitness tracker, and you should look somewhere else.
6. GPS as a feature. If you plan to use the fitness tracker for your workouts, to count your footsteps, or how many swimming laps you took, then you don’t need a model that has a GPS built-in. However, if you are the type of person who goes out and jogs through unknown areas, then you should search for the models that come with a built-in GPS because these will help you a lot.
7. Waterproof. If you are a regular swimmer, it is clear that you need a waterproof device. However, if you only jog, run and take walks, then you don’t need a waterproof fitness tracker. After all, if the weather outside is bad, you probably find an inside place to do your workout, right?
Check out the features above and use them as guiding tips for finding the fitness tracker that best suits your needs.