Are you considering purchasing a charcoal grill? Is it your first time to do so? If yes, you should start reading more about grilling on charcoal.
Food grilled over a charcoaled flame is better than a gas grill. And if you are currently choosing between the two, you should consider a charcoal grill over a gas grill.
Reasons to choose charcoal grill
- Charcoal grilling can make your food more aromatic and better with a smoky flavor than a gas grill.
- Charcoal grilling gives you that traditional barbeque flavor than the gas grill.
- Charcoal grilling allows you to sear the meat more effectively.
- Charcoal grilling does not flare-up.
- Charcoal grills are less expensive than a gas grill.
Choosing the Right Charcoal Grill
How do you choose the best charcoal grill if there are several options out there?
The charcoal grill comes in different designs, sizes, and shapes, but when it comes to choosing the right grill, you have to take note of the following factors:
#1: Know the different types of charcoal grills
There are several types of charcoal grills, but the following three are the most popular:
- Kettle grills are the traditional types of charcoal grills. It often comes in small sizes, typically at around 22 inches and diameter. These types of grills allow you to cook at least 13-15 hamburgers without any issue about overcrowding.
Kettle grills have near-spherical shape construction that helps retain heat inside, making grilling fast and easy. And if you are looking for an affordable grill, you should consider this.
- Barrel grills are the bigger types of charcoal grills; just imagine a 55-gallon steel drum cut in lengthwise, that is the standard size of a typical barrel grills – 36 inches long and cooking area of 435 square inches. These grills are often used for larger grilling, as well as barbequing and smoking several foods.
Barrel grills would take up a larger barbequing space, as well as your money. So, expect to find these types of grills a little expensive.
- Ceramic grills are the most expensive charcoal grills you can find, playing around $700 and above. The reason why it is expensive is because of its solid ceramic construction that offers better-quality heat control. Also, you can use the grill at 200-degrees Fahrenheit, which is best for barbecuing and smoking.
Additionally, ceramic grills can go even hotter at 500-degrees Fahrenheit, which is best for pizza. In other words, ceramic grills are a few of the most versatile charcoal grills in the market today.
On this website www.backyardfoodfix.com, you can find useful reviews on the best charcoal grills today, as well as unbiased comparisons on those popular products.
#2: Choose the right charcoal grill size
When choosing the right size of the charcoal grill, you have to consider these factors:
- The location where you are planning to place the grill.
- The number of people you are planning to serve your grilled specialty.
- The frequency of grilling.
If you won’t be using the grill too much and you’ve got less space at home, you should consider a smaller sized charcoal grill.
#3: Choose according to your budget
Look for charcoal on a grill that fits your budget. However, if you do not want to compromise the quality result with the price, there are quality charcoal grills that are worth your money.